Before enabling Trusted Node in the wallet make sure you understand how the Trusted Node feature works.
- You must have already downloaded and installed the latest release of Bitcoin Core or any other compatible node software.
- You must have already configured your node to prepare it for your Samourai Wallet
- Your Samourai Wallet device and your Bitcoin node must be on the same local network. To get around this restriction you can use a VPN with trusted node.
Step 1 - Open transaction settings
Tap the three vertical dots on the top right of the toolbar and then tap Settings. This will launch the main settings screen. Tap on Transactions in the list.
Step 2 - Add Trusted Node information
Tap on Trusted node in the settings list. This will open a dialogue box asking you to input your node information. If you haven't yet configured your node for Samourai Wallet then do that first.
IP address: the_ip_address_of_your_node
RPC User Name: the_username_from_bitcoinconf
RPC User Password: the_password_from_bitcoinconf
Then tap OK.
Step 3 - Verify connection
Samourai wallet will attempt to connect to your node using the connection information provided. This may take a few minutes, please for a message to appear.
- If the connection is successful you will see a message appear stating: "Trusted Node Running..." followed by the user-agent of your node.
- If the connection is unsuccessful you will see a message appear stating that trusted node could not connect.
Step 4 - Enable
Once the connection has been verified simply tap on Use trusted node to finish the Trusted Node setup.
While this is enabled, all transactions sent from your Samourai Wallet will be broadcast to the bitcoin network using your own personal node.